Monday, December 31, 2012

Soo....

Hi Everyone!
So, I'm terrible. I admit it. I really really really want to do this blog, and I honestly do manicures with the mindset of posting them to this blog every week. I'm just terrible at the follow through. So, my New Year's Resolution is to really kick myself into gear and do this, because nail polish is something I'm really becoming passionate about and it's a great creative outlet. I know no one really reads this yet, and I think that's why I don't really worry about it, but that's not what matters. This is something I'm doing for me, and if I happen to get some readers and meet some people that are into polish while I'm doing it, that's just a plus.



I know the quality of my pictures is terrible right now. That's because I'm using my cell phone, because I haven't set up a good way to take them with my good Canon yet. I do have a tripod, and I'm working on setting up a lightbox following this great tutorial from Chalkboard Nails. I am so in love with her gorgeous pictures, nails, and nail art. If you haven't been to her site, please please please head over there and check out her great tutorials.

So, even though these are very late, I thought I would show you a couple seasonal manis I did. Again, please excuse the the awful photos, they WILL get better with time, I promise.

Lumpy Snowman




I did this mani using Green Holo (which I swear is blue, not green) from Urban Outfitters as a base on all my fingers except the snowman one, which has a base of 2 coats of Sinful Colors Cinderella. I outlined the snowman and made his hat with my black Kiss Striper. The snowman is Urban Outfitter's Silver Holo. Then I added Sinful Colors Ice Dream to the tips to look like snow. The snowmen were a little silly looking but I actually was pretty proud of this mani, because free hand is not something I'm comfortable with.



Ignore the thumb tip :( 






This was my christmas day manicure. I was in love with this one! The second time I did it it came out better, because I had more practice with the french tips, and of course I didn't take a single picture of it! I followed this tutorial from Cute Polish on youtube to make this one. It's super easy to do, in theory. I'm not good at french tips. I've gotten a liiiiiittle bit better, but there's still LOTS and LOTS of room for improvement. For this one, I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White for the tips, Pure Ice All Nighter for the dots and berries and Sinful Colors Last Chance for the leaves. Then I topped with with a coat of Seche Vite.





This is my New Years Eve mani. Nothing special here. And it photographs terribly. I used Sinful Colors Gone Platinum as the base and topped it with two coats of Sinful Colors Faceted for all but the accent nail. I used one coat of Faceted and then stamped the little martini glasses from Gal's Plate GA9 with Pure Ice Silver Mercedes. 

So that's it for the holiday season! Look forward to actual posts in the future. For real this time. I promise! There's already one scheduled for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment