Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 5 31DC - Purple

Hi everyone! Much later post than in the past few days due to an awful situation. I have been in the habit of writing and scheduling my posts the night before, but yesterday I had a pipe burst in my house so there just wasn't time. Thankfully everything seems to be okay now!
So today's challenge prompt is purple. And here's what I came up with.





I used Pure Ice Scandal as the base color and my lavender Kiss striper and a dotting tool for the flowers, and I put a dot of my silver Kiss striper in the centers. The green is Sinful Colors Last Chance lightened up with a little white because it was too dark to see on the base color.



I love this mani because its adorable and super super quick and easy to do with a dotting tool or a toothpick.





Make sure you check out all the other purple manis today! See you tomorrow for my favorite color family. :)


4 comments:

  1. wow, will def have to give this a go! I love the purple on the black.. never done flower petals (or much other dotting) but this one's going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so easy! Like, super super easy, which is why I love it. All ya gotta do is make the five dots for the flower and then kind of pull a toothpick or a smaller size dotting tool through the middle of the wet dots to create that pinched petal look, then fill in the center with another dot of a different color. :) Let me know if you give it a try! I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are so perfect! They look great against the dark base--it's amazing how it makes such a small amount of purple pop and take center stage!

    ReplyDelete