Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1 of the New 31 Day Challenge: Black and White


Hi Everyone! Happy New Year!!!

So, I'm really excited! Today is the start of the new 31 Day Nail Art Challenge. If you've never heard of it before, it's a pretty neat thing run by Debbie from The Crumpet and the ladies who participate are part of the Crumpets Nail Tarts facebook group. Basically, everyone posts along with the challenge, either on blogs or instagram or facebook, everyday for the 31 days of the challenge. There is a theme for each day to follow.


https://www.facebook.com/groups/purplecrumpetfairy/



As you can see from the image, there's lots of room for creativity with each prompt. If you would like to take part, or join a group of really creative people, head on over to the facebook group! This will be my first challenge that I'm committed to following through with completely, and I think they're a good way to expand your skills. Each prompt can be something very basic, or something very in depth depending on how you want it to go, so you can go at your own comfort level.

Without further ado, here is my Black and White mani!




It certainly isn't perfect, and I don't imagine any mani I do for this challenge or this blog ever will be. I'm still learning, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I had originally tried to stamp this swirly design that looked kind of like music notes to me, and a keyboard but I wasn't happy with that so I decided to freehand the music notes. I used a dotting tool to make black dots and my black Kiss Striper to add the connecting pieces. I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as the base for this mani, and Seche Vite as a top coat.



And hopefully, if I've managed to not mess up the Inlinkz code, below you can check out what everyone else did for black and white day!

See you tomorrow for Day 2!



12 comments:

  1. The music notes look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And thanks for being my first blog comment ever! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this. You did a really good job with the notes. I can't wait to see what you have in store for the rest of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH I never thought to do music notes and I have been wanting to for a while!!! I think you did amazing, you should see when I first started posting nail art to my blog. You couldn't even make out what it was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yeah, this is def one I would do again, it turned out cute. And super easy too!

      Delete
  4. How fun! I automatically think of musical styles with black and white challenges XD

    ReplyDelete