Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 10 31DC - Geometric Nails

Hi Everyone!

So today's manicure was inspired by this one at The Nail Polish Project. Mine doesn't hold a flame to that beauty, but I was so in love with it I had to try it! And here's how mine came out.



I used China Glaze Liquid Leather as the base for the thumb, the tip on the pinkie, and the stripes and stamps and dots etc. I used Sinful Colors Secret Admirer as the base for all the other fingers, the dots on the thumb and to fill in the dots on the middle finger. Sinful Colors Savage is the blue used.


So the thumb was done with just two sizes of dotting tools. The pointer finger was done with a striping brush, poorly I might add. That's something I'm still working on. The middle finger is two sizes of dotting tools again. I made dots with the black and filled them in with the grey/blue. The ring finger was stamped with Mash plate 45 and the pinkie I used a chevron french tape to make the black tip and I outlined it with Savage.


I am really in love with the original of this mani, so it's definitely something I will be trying again, maybe with different color combos or with more stamping and less free handing. I was actually kind of mad at myself when I realized this could have been much easier if I had just looked through my plates before hand! I have many that would have worked! Oh well, it's good to challenge yourself :)

See ya tomorrow for Splatter Day, which is another one I've never done. Check out the other ladies' geometric manis below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/purplecrumpetfairy/




2 comments: