Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 22 31 DC - Inspired by a Fabric

Hi everyone!

So today's post had me lacking for awhile. I don't have a lot of fabrics that I thought would either a) look good on nails or b) I would be capable of recreating on my nails, haha!

Then I got the idea to dig into my fiance's tie collection! He collects lots of ties, and has a TON of Jerry Garcia ones that always have fun patterns and colors :) I decided to go with one of those and here's how it turned out!


I started by painting my nails one coat of Sinful Colors Cool Gray as the base. Then I used Beau Khaki mixed with some China Glaze Liquid Leather to blacken it up a bit, and SC Mauve darkened with a little SC Amethyst and CG Liquid Leather, and then finally Sally Hansen Lightning darkened with a little SC Nirvana.


Then I took some liquid leather and made the thicker lines randomly with a striper brush, and took a toothpick and made the smaller scratchier lines.


I really loved the way this came out, and I think it looks pretty similar to the tie!


Check out all the other lovely ladies' manis below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment