Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 29 31 DC - Inspired by a Blogger


Hello!

Here we are in the final stages of the challenge. Even though I fell behind some days, I'm really proud that I've made it this far!

Today's post is in honor of a blogger that first got me into nail art. I read her blog daily, and I'm always in awe of her art skills. She's a waaaay better stamper than me :) If you don't already read her blog, you should. Like, right now :) Click on over to see the awesomeness that is Lacquer or Leave Her.

Awhile back, she posted a really neat tutorial for double stamping, which you can see here.

So I followed her tutorial, and here's how mine turned out.





I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as the base. In retrospect, I would have picked a slightly darker color, only because I used Pure Ice Silver Mercedes for parts of the stamp and it just doesn't pop on top of MBSW. I used China Glaze Up All Night for the flowers.



Obviously I'm still learning how to line up the stamps, haha. But I think it came out alright :) Also, I guess I was channeling her even more than I thought, because I ended up with a cat hair in this picture and it was one of the better ones I got, hehe. 

One thing I truly love about Michelle's blog is that she's not a perfectionist. She doesn't care if things aren't perfect and she still puts them out there. So many blogs make things seem so easy and perfect and they don't tell you about how many times they've had to redo that same mani to get it to perfection. So I really respect and admire it when people post things that AREN'T perfect. It's my mission to always show you guys when I mess up, so when or if you try it at home you know it's going to take a few up at bats :)

And so you can see how I WANTED it to turn out, here's the original:

http://lacquerorleaveher.blogspot.com/2012/09/before-after-hothouse-flowers.html

Check out all the other manis inspired by our great nail blogging community below :) Two days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment