Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 7 31 DC - Ombre or Skittle

Hi Everyone!

So today we have an Ombre Mani. I was originally going to do something more colorful for this, but I have a perfect ombre set of black through white so I decided to use them.



From thumb to pinky I used Sinful Colors Black on Black, Ardoise, Smokin, Cool Grey and Snow Me White. So, while I liked this I thought it was a bit bland. So I decided to mix in some gradients to kind of pull it all together and this is how it came out.




I just used the color from the nail previous to each one and sponged on a gradient putting the darker color on the top. The index and middle fingers are a bit difficult to see in the pictures because the colors are so dark but in real life it looked neat. For the thumb, I did a gradient with all five colors because it looked a bit silly just being black.

Did you like it better before or after?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/purplecrumpetfairy/



Tune in tomorrow for Duochrome, Flakie or Holo! And check out everyone else's Ombre/Skittle manis below!




1 comment: