Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 13 31DC - Cheer Yourself Up Mani

Hello!

Late post again today because we went to my future MIL's last night and out most of the day today for my Fiance's birthday. So sorry!

 Anyways, for today's mani I did dragonflies. Dragonflies have always been dear to me, and they symbolize hope. They always cheer me up even when things seem like they're never going to get better.



I used China Glaze Rare and Radient as the base. It's a green-blue duochrome and it reminds me of dragonfly wings. I stamped the dragonflies with Mash 45 and China Glaze Up All Night.


The Dragonfly is a symbol of new beginnings, maturity and depth of character, and living in the moment. The dragonfly lives most of it's life as an aquatic nymph and only flies for a few months of it's life. It can fly at 45 miles an hour, hover and fly backwards like a hummingbird. It can do all this while only flapping it's wings 30 times a minute, compared to other insects that need to flap there wings hundreds or thousands of times a minute. It moves elegantly and gracefully throughout. 


Dragonflies have always represented change, hope and new beginnings for me. Anways, I hope you enjoyed today's mani. Check out everyone else's below! Check back in tomorrow for stamping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment